Tuesday, February 15, 2011

First Project on My New Sewing Machine

For Valentine's Day, my amazingly perfect boyfriend got me a wonderful Brother sewing machine from Wal-Mart. It had these cute inter-changeable face plate stickers. I chose zebra print of course! But to show him that I was a competent sewing machine master, I decided to make a quick craft.



I showed off my skills with a simple square bottom tote bag.I got the design info from here. I think it turned out quite well, and it used up the 1/2 yard of Beatles fabric that I had bought earlier that day on a whim. (I had no use for the fabric when I bought it, but it was so cute. But at $8.99 a yard I only got 1/2 yard.)






All in all, it's a great start on my crafting, and it even gave me motivation to make me a new t-shirt quilt out of all my old music related t-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment