Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Quick Tip

I know, I know, I should be posting the next step in my T-Shirt Quilt How-To, but I been working so hard today on my personal quilt that I just don't really feel up to it. So tomorrow I promise I will do the next 2 steps!

So instead of doing the long and drawn out how-to today, I decided to do a quick helpful tip.

When I made my small lap quilt back in the 9th grade, It was so small that we just hand basted the quilt sandwich together. (For those that don't know, the quilt sandwich is where you lay your quilt front, batting and quilt back together exactly how you are wanting it to look, and then baste, or make large temporary stitches to keep it together while you do the final stitching.) Hand basting was great and easy when you're making a small type quilt. But my quilt that I'm currently working on, hand basting would be tedious, annoying and well it would take FOREVER!

So I went out to try and find a quicker and easier way to baste my layers together. I found this wonderful product.
I was able to lay out my top, face down, and spray this wonderful little lovely, and then join my batting to it. and then repeat on the batting to join my backing. It's absolutely fabulous and completely easy to use! So all that time that I would have spent basting that big 80" by 90" quilt was vanished. I spent a total of 20 minutes making my sandwich and joining it all together. HURRAY!

P.S.- This product can be found at most hobby/craft stores and I even found it cheaper at Wal-Mart in the arts and crafts section.

No comments:

Post a Comment